Friday, October 30, 2009

LFG: Wheel of Misfortune

If you've been keeping up with the new LFG system, you know that pretty soon we're getting a new "random dungeon" option, that pits us and 4 players in a dungeon of it's choosing.

The only issue I can think of (and it's a big one) is that, right now, pugging is kinda random anyway. I was picked up just yesterday by a group of people whose tank ditched out on them after wiping on Dred. They were really glad to see a tank with over 30k health, but even I died pretty badly to the hands of the large dinosaur, and was forced into wearing a raid suit.

Now I don't think that they were bads, necessarily. But they were definitely in the lower end of the gear pool. And I wonder (and fear) that such random placement can put me into pugs with mismatched talent... constantly. After all, when rolling for loot, I can't seem to roll over a 20. I think that applies to all WoW aspects that work on the random number generator.

In other news, I've posted my (soon-to-be-outdated) guide to tanking, as well as taken on a partner to contribute to the blog. He's around here somewhere... he's probably just a little shy. I just gotta figure out how to make a multiple author widget, and I can plaster it over the side bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment