Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Don't Know If I Mentioned This...

I sorta quit WoW three months ago. Almost to the day, for that matter. And believe me, I've read every "I quit /wah" forum and blog post in the entire freakin' universe, so I thought I'd spare everyone the emo/angst trip and just leave quietly. Long story short: There was some... guild... management issues, and I just left. Gave all my primordial saronite to the guild leader and /gquit (Something like 28 pieces between me and Lexi).

After that, I signed up for Star Trek Online and bought a lifetime sub to Star Trek Online like the sucker I am, and the rest is history. Sort of...

What followed is the worst string of bad luck I've ever experienced in such a short period. Again, you get the short version: I've been through two monitors, a whole freakin' computer, and my car asploded. Combine that with the fact that Star Trek Online's design team waited until -after- the lifetime sub grace period ended to show us how stupid they were, and I'm actually starting to regret quitting.

Yeah, I know.

I wasn't one of those people who thought Warcraft kept my universe together.  On the contrary, I was looking forward to getting rid of something that my non-Warcraft friends considered an addiction.  So I quit, and I get mechanical (and in the case of NCSoft: brain) failures across the board, as if WoW was singlehandedly keeping my world from falling apart at the seams.

Doesn't make any sense to me, either.  If you ask me, the whole thing is kind of lame.  If the universe wants to beg me to go back to Warcraft, an email would suffice.  I really could do without replacing computer and fucking car.

The urge to spill my (not-so-)religious beliefs aside...  I've been struggling to blog lately.  The three months away from WWOD was intentional, since I had planned to just fork it over to Gincan.  But TeamDXL never became what I needed it to be.  I started it in hopes of collaborating with my good friends, Dayn and Lexi.  Who never post.  Oh, well..  so it's not a tank blog.  We all went to STO, and I thought... STO BLOG!!!  That didn't really happen either...  Chances diminished even further when we all pretty much pulled away from that game until they started making design decisions that made sense.


At least I still have my music...  Dream Evil put out a new album right about the time that I quit.  Go buy it.  Be a sheep.  Obey me! :3

DREAM EVIL official website



Immortal

By Dream Evil

It's time to surrender, you know we feel no fear
Inferior contender, your men will not survive
You better tell your mortals to step aside
Or be the last man standing to watch them die

Immortal, forever we stand in line

Battlefield burning, arrows shadow the sky
I feel the yearning, longing to see their skin fry
Too late to beg for mercy, to step aside
This is your termination, just say goodbye

Immortal, forever, we just can't die

I am immortal, I cannot die, you better run and hide
We are immortal, we rule the slaughter, and side by side we ride

Immortal, forever, we stand in line
Immortal, forever, we just can't die
Immortal, forever, we stand in line

I am immortal, I cannot die, you better run and hide
We are immortal, we rule the slaughter, and side by side we ride
We are immortal, we show no fear, you better step aside
We are immortal, we rule the slaughter, and side by side we ride
We are immortal, we show no fear, you better step aside
I am immortal, I rule the slaughter, and side by side we ride

No comments:

Post a Comment