Sunday, May 30, 2010

More of the Same

It's time again for one of those "why the fuck can't I sleep?" posts from that insomniac, dyslexic agnostic you've all come to know and love. Joke's aside, I've been feeling like crap all month. Dizzy spells and the like. It's gotten better, so I'm hoping that sooner or later, it'll just go away if I just take care of myself. If it doesn't, well... what's the worst that could happen?

So I played Red Dead Redemption. And it might be the game of the year. It's that damn good. Probably the best game I've played in a long time. A western sandbox really is much more fun than it sounds. I think the reason it's so good is because there is less sandbox and more plot/purpose to it than the average GTA clone. They give you plenty to do, and it's not all typical, "tee-hee, i can blow shit up" kinda stuff. I'm on my second playthrough, 95% total completion. Yeah, it really is that good. Don't walk, run to get yourself a copy.


So it got me thinking... what makes westerns so great? Nobody's really been crazy about those things since my dad was young. I never really cared for the genre, so I decided to give it a visit and watched all three of what can be considered the "Dollars Trilogy." And you know what? Epic, from start to finish. Eastwood's character is just... well... I can only think of one way to sum it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment