Friday, May 15, 2009

Religion...

I remember reading through the blogspot terms and services, and they had a few things to say about hateful content.

HATEFUL CONTENT: Users may not publish material that promotes hate toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity.

So I wonder if I'm allowed to write my thoughts about a blog I stumbled across today... There are perks to not caring, I suppose.

http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/

This site pissed me off. Not because I'm some touchy atheist. Not because I hate christians. Well... not christians -specifically-. We'll get to that...

I really don't have a problem if you believe in an imaginary god. Or a real god, like the Burrito God. Seriously, your religion is your business. I don't even make public conversation about it anymore. Who am I to question someone's faith?

But my real problem are with religious enthusiasts who are assholes about it. The entire blog listed above could be described in the following though process:

"I'M LOUDER THAN YOU SO I'M RIGHT! YOUR (NON-CHRISTIAN)GOD/ATHEISM/CELERY STALK IS STUPID AND SO UR STUPID TOO!"

This is the kind of arrogance that I can't tolerate. You want to believe in a god you can't see? Cool. You want to call me a moron for not believing, too? Then I have a list of painful "home" remedies for your stupidity.

/endrant

The truth of the matter is, I'm in the middle of the spectrum between full-blown, can't-talk-over-christian and full-blown, URGODISSTUPID-atheist. I consider myself agnostic: open-minded to the possibility of a god, but skeptical in the absence of proof. The lack of proof towards either side is what allows this petty argument to continue as long as it has. If there was a test that one could conduct to determine whether god -ever- existed, we'd be done with this by now.

So without proof, what is left? Extreme loyalty, blind faith, and an arrogance that makes me see red. If not believing everything I hear makes me a moron, then I'm the biggest idiot on the face of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment