Monday, November 16, 2009

Macros: Two for the Price of One

I would like to bestow upon you a bit of knowledge. The problem with playing a warrior is we have a lot of different skills we need to use, and use them quickly. Here's the solution that has worked for me.

#showtooltip?
/cast [modifier:alt] Battle Shout; Heroic Strike
/cast Bloodrage
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();

So let's break this down.

#showtooltip?

This simply displays the tooltip of either ability you specify.

/cast [modifier:alt] Battle Shout; Heroic Stike

Here we are specifying that you want to cast Heroic Strike, or Battle shout if holding the alt key. The same result can be accomplished using key bindings and additional action bars, but this way it takes up less real-estate on your screen.

/cast Bloodrage

This is easy enough to understand...

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();

I've added this at the bottom of every one of my macros so I don't see the error crap flashing across my screen. It's nice because I tend to mash buttons rapidly.

So there you have it. One simple macro that if altered slightly I'm sure will suit your play style. Just change what abilities you wish to cast and you can cut your action bars in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment